The ultimate in precision and tolerance
Electroforming is an additive process in which nickel “plates-up” around a photolithographic pattern. A proprietary production process guarantees consistent surface finish and dimensional stability on both sides of the part. The electroforming process offers a combination of tight tolerances (up to +/- 2 microns) and feature sizes (as small as 15 microns) on thicknesses ranging from 0.0003” to 0.010”.
Through extensive research and testing, TMP has developed flexibility in the electroforming process to produce nickel metals in varying degrees of hardness, brightness and malleability.
Thin, complicated parts that are tab and burr free can be manufactured with low-cost tooling, quick initial design time and cost-effective production. TMP is a world leader in the manufacturing of flat electroformed parts.
- Proprietary substrate preparation process results in mirror-like finish both front and back
- No visible grain direction
- Products are tab-free
- Clean-room photolithographic area
- Collimated light exposure systems
- Tooling complete in hours
- Most products can be shipped within 1-3 days
- Thicknesses from 0.0003" to 0.010"
- Tolerences generally +/- 0.0003", but vary slightly by application